Wednesday 15 June 2022

A BIG Thank You

I was relieved to get my 175 miles completed in the allotted time.

I was delighted that I came 40th out of 68 virtual riders. I was also the highest placed virtual rider for my age! There was only one virtual rider older than me and he came 44th and took an hour longer than me.

But what got me through the miles was knowing that I was supported by my family and friends. I have been blown away by your encouragement, comments and sponsorship.

As I said in my last post, I was providing refreshments for New Forest Cycling Club to help them through their 100 mile D-Day ride around the D-Day sites in the new Forest.

So I spent Friday baking to feed the hungry cyclists. 

The cyclists very generously donated to my fundraising.

I am absolutely delighted that my fundraising has reached £780! With Gift Aid, this  is £917.50 for four great children’s charities -Teenage Cancer Trust, Nordoff Robbins, Childline and Save the Children.

My grateful thanks go to each and every one of you for  encouragement, kind comments and sponsorship.

Thank you for reading this

Julie x 







 

No comments:

Post a Comment

A BIG Thank You

I was relieved to get my 175 miles completed in the allotted time. I was delighted that I came 40th out of 68 virtual riders. I was also the...