Thursday 2 June 2022

Heavy Metal Truants Virtual Charity Bike Ride - Day 4 3-6-22

Today Barry took me out on a ride across the New Forest. Today was the first sunny day for my ride and the Forest looked glorious.

We headed out of Brockenhurst towards Bolderwood, turned left up the top and headed across the Forest to Moyles Court and up through Gorley. We headed to Bickton to reminisce (as we rented there for a few months), headed up to Fordingbridge and looped back to and cycled to Stuckton. From there we headed up to Hyde where I was allowed my first stop and a lunch break!

Fortified by lunch, we cycled through Ogdens and back to Mockbeggar then Rockford. We then cycled through an area I hadn't cycled before, along High Wood Lane and then took Forest tracks through Linwood to Picket Post. 


We went through a tunnel under the A35 which we had to share with a couple of cows who were sheltering there in the shade! I was a bit nervous about passing so close to the cows in a confined space, but thankfully they were happy to share their space with us. 

Barry noticed he had a slightly flat back tyre, so after pumping it up, we decided to take the shortest route home on the roads in case there was a problem with the tyre (as I'm his usual rescuer!)

We headed along the back roads around Burley, through Blackwater and back home. I was just short of 40 miles at this point so rode around the block to go over the 40 miles.


Barry has once again plotted my virtual route to Download and I am now at Towcester (a place I know well as we lived here for a few years in the 90's).

Thanks to Barry dragging me round, I now well over half way there (sing Bon Jovi 'Living on a Prayer' in your mind 😊).

Only 67.91 miles to go.

Thank you for reading this and for supporting me.

Julie x 



No comments:

Post a Comment

A BIG Thank You

I was relieved to get my 175 miles completed in the allotted time. I was delighted that I came 40th out of 68 virtual riders. I was also the...