Saturday 4 June 2022

Ride 5 -Heavy Metal Truants Virtual Charity Bike Ride

After my mammoth 40 mile bike ride on Thursday, I took Friday off to recover!

Today I was back in the saddle again for a ride in three parts.

Firstly, (as the village was busy and it was windy) I decided to cycle along the trails.

I headed up towards Brock Hill, did a loop around the arboretum and turned round and cycled back again. I saw this delightful foal and Mum, some deer and cows having a paddle. Although there were a few drops of rain, it didn't come to much - thankfully!



I then headed around North Weirs to the village to see the vintage car display as part of the Jubilee celebrations.


This gave me 13.39 miles. I stopped and saved my Garmin (GPS tracker) at this point as I didn't want to lose this ride if it didn't auto-pause.

I then cycled home 0.9 miles had lunch and a shower.

Then it was back on my bike again and cycling to Brockenhurst Football Club where the Jubilee celebrations continued.  I had to stop for a photo of this cute foal en route though.

I was helping on the WI Refreshments stall, mainly walking round and collecting cups, so amassed 7000 steps doing this!

I then cycled home and this combined journey gave me an additional 2.85 miles.


This gave me 17.14 miles for today.

If my calculations are correct, I only have 50.77 miles to go.

Thank you for reading this and for your support

Julie x

No comments:

Post a Comment

A BIG Thank You

I was relieved to get my 175 miles completed in the allotted time. I was delighted that I came 40th out of 68 virtual riders. I was also the...